Sunday 3 December 2006

3 December

Getting there! Have had a blissful week pottering and getting bits done. As you can see the gorgeous shed is at the top and I've had great fun screwing on loops to hang things on & organising it! The top right of plot covered with sheeting with another patch to follow just below (ie right side will be covered while I dig the left!). I also have an incinerator (cheap one from B&Q). An extravagence but being unused to bonfires felt it wise to contain my fire rather than set other plots or even my shed, alight!
Everything is now moved from the other plot and I'll met the new owner next week to pass over & show her where beetroot is etc. Feels a relief to be honest, especially when my "helper" turned up...confirmed I'd done the right thing. Quite amazing how much stuff you accumilate though!
First raised bed is done (front right) and is layered with sand, compost & manure, all covered & ready to be dug i in the spring. I am reliably informed that the bank at the top (see large mound behind shed!) is great topsoil & I'll have some fun shifting it but that can wait a while.
Corregated plastic is actually from the next plot and is evidence of the storms that we had (I missed it as fast asleep!) last night. Also blown over were the water butt & incinerator which are now weighed down with large rocks!
Feeling fluey so virtually nothing done today as also needed to get the flat back into some kind of order because it looked a tip!

No comments: